Floodplain Mapping and Flood Insurance

New federal legislation has changed how floodplain areas are defined.  Existing homeowners can be affected.  If your property is now designated as being in a Special Flood Hazard Area, it can affect how much you'll pay for flood insurance and whether you can even get coverage.

Landowners in floodplain areas may want to look into a FEMA Elevation Certificate to possibly help lower their flood insurance premiums.

A FEMA Elevation Certificate is simply a recorded confirmation that a home meets the minimum elevation requirements set by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.  Once issued, it can be used to make revisions (Letter of Map Amendment or LOMA) to the Flood Insurance Rate Maps and/or used to determine flood insurance premiums.

A Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) is a letter from FEMA stating where a property stands in relation to a floodplain or special flood hazard area.

Let our Certified Floodplain Manager and our experienced Land Surveyor help you get the appropriate FEMA Elevation Certificate and/or Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) for your property and help reduce your flood insurance premiums.





Contact Us For More Info